19 Sep Surf Quiz
Shall we do a little surf-themed quiz ? You could of course add or modify the questions according to the age of the participants. To mix things up, you could create two teams, the quickest one to buzz in and give the correct answer wins a point/ a sweet.
1. What do you call people that surf ?
- Sports athletes
- Surfmen and surfwomen
2. Where did this sport originate ?
3. What are the 3 main types of wave ?
- Hollow waves, breaker waves and flat waves
- Crests of a wave, unfolding waves and flat waves
- Plunging waves, unfolding waves and swell waves
4. What do you call a person who puts their left foot behind them when on a board?
- A regular
- A goofy
- A surfy
- A dingo
5. What do you call people who make surfboards ?
- A surf craftsperson
- A surfer
- A shaper
- A boarder
6. Name at least one type of surf board (Shortboard, Hybrid, Fish, Mini-Malibu, Longboard, Gun).
7. What do you call the place where surfers surf ?
- A wave
- A beach
- A surf spot
8. Amongst these names, which one is a famous surfer ?
- Kelly Slater
- Patrick Swayze
- Lewis Carroll
- Elle Fanning
9. Which music group is the most associated with surf music ?
- The Beatles
- The Beach Boys
- The Rolling Stones
- Pink Floyd
10. When was the first surfboard discovered ?
You’ll love these articles