7:00 AM – Diana is about to take flight.
7:01 AM – I get up. I tumble out of bed. (It’s at this exact moment that I realise the cost of going into overdrive yesterday).
7:05 AM – I explain to Diana the woolen obstacle course and suggest she trains for it whilst I go back to bed.
9:00 AM – She has perfectly mastered the course. I get up without hope of going back to bed.
9:30 AM – I put my cupcakes in the oven. I assemble my layer cake by covering it with ganache, and top it with a Spiderman figurine. I take out my cupcakes and let them cool. I put my star biscuits in the oven. Armed with my piping bag, I glaze my cupcakes and I stick stars and toppers on them. I take out my biscuits, make a little dot of ganache and stick red, blue and yellow smarties on them!
10:30 AM – I make my bed. I cover it with a light blue sheet, and paper clouds and tower blocks! I get out a stepladder which I leave against the bed!
– I fill the party bags
, helped by Diana who puts temporay tattoos, rings, bracelets, superhero figurines and sweets into each bag. I stick a lightning bolt on each bag to finish off the chaos!
– It’s time to inflate the helium balloons.
I inflate them and make a forest of yellow, red and blue star balloons. Just in front of it I put out the tin can alley. I put the accessories for the workshops on the floor.
12:00 PM – It’s just perfect!
12:15 PM – I get out a plate of pasta.
12:30 PM – I set the table.
13:00 PM – I put Diana to bed.
13:05 PM – I put myself to bed.
15:00 PM – Unpleasant awakening. For me especially. I get dressed. I do my make up, I stick glitter on my eyelids in order to match my outfit. I dress Diana: a red leotard, a red superheroine belt, a red cape and a red mask!
15:32 PM – We make a circle. I explain to them who I am (because it’s not obvious) and what we’re going to do this afternoon. We’re all going to play together in the living room. We’re not going in Diana’s bedroom. .
– I’m going to make you do a little superhero quiz
to test your knowledge! Normally, they should be unable to answer your questions!! Because 1 – they’re tiny and 2 – they haven’t seen most of the superhero movies !
– Children, we’re going to play Grandmother’s footsteps
! But any old version, Grandmother’s footsteps for superheros! Attention, for the first round, I want you to move like a spider, a cat, a bat…
– Let’s sit down and make a circle. We’re going to be postmen
. Do you all know the song? Super, we’re going to use a superhero voice!!! How? Well, it’s deep and serious at the same time!
– Let’s make a circle again. I’m going to teach you how to play pass the parcel
! It goes without saying that if the hidden present is a superhero figurine, that’s even better.
– Sit down on the floor in front of me. Each one of you is going to make your own superhero cape
! I’ll let you dig through the pile of letters to find the initial of your surname…
– We’re going to make a little superhero train that will lead us straight to the food
. Hold on!
– You’re incredible!!! Go and transform into real superheros. And now follow me, I’m going to teach you to fly! Yes I know it’s incredible, I’m incredible etc. You’re going to look like you’re flying over my bed! Are you ready! To get to my bed, there’s an obstacle course
to cross! Go one after the other (if you have a helper, ask them to put the children’s photos in their party bags!)!!
– We’re going to play musical statues
. When I turn off the music I’d like you to turn into a spider, a cat, a bat, Hulk, Zorro…
– One last game! Put aside your costumes because you’ll need to be extremely mobile! The Brazilian dance
is a very strange dance. Only the best four can win!
– Saved by the bell!! It’s done! Over!!!! Next year, I’m going to try dinosaurs