18 Sep Safari Stilts
Nothing better than a crazy stilts race between friends ! And the party is even more fun when you get to be your favourite animal !
- The printable can be downloaded here (careful, the format is A3)
- A3 paper
- Big empty tin cans (two per racer, 10 cm diameter and 12 cm high approx.)
- A pair of scissors
- Strong glue
- A nail
- A hammer
1. Print and cut out the printable on the A3 paper.
2. Take a big empty tin can and turn it upside-down so the opening is facing down. Mark two points on each side of the can, a centimetre deep.
3. With the nail and hammer, pierce two holes in the place of the previously marked points. Be very careful, the nail can slide ! (You could also use a drill if you have one.)
4. Glue the printable all around the can and think to put the foot in the centre between the two holes. Repierce the holes through the paper.
5. Cut a bit of string of around 1.80 m, thread it through each hole and make a knot to keep it in place.
All you need to do is make the other foot now, and you’re ready for your crazy race !
You’ll just love these articles