19 Sep Pirate’s hook
You’re looking for the perfect costume for a fancy-dress evening, a carnival, a pirate themed birthday party…? We’ve got all the kit for you to dress up as Captain Hook! We’ll start with the eye patch, then with the pirate hat, don’t forget the telescope, and last but not least, the essential item, we are going to make your own hook! Follow this simple tutorial for the essential pirate accessory.
1. Take your cup and turn it over, colour the underneath with the marker so that your entire cup is coloured black.
2. Take a long piece of aluminium foil, roll it up lengthwise and then wrinkle it so that it becomes really compact.
3. Using a pair of scissors, make a hole in the bottom of the cup.
4. Make the aluminium foil into the shape of a hook whilst leaving a straight bit that’s quite long.
5. Thread the hook into the hole that you’ve pierced.
6. Fix the hook to the cup with a little bit of masking tape while leaving out a sufficient amount of aluminium foil so that the children can hold onto the hook.
There you have it; your pirate’s hook is finished! You can go sailing through the waters with your pirate friends to unearth the hidden treasure!
You’ll just love these articles