24 Feb Paper Flowers
A pretty DIY activity, which can be reproduced time and time again, perfect for a floral or Frida Kahlo-themed birthday party !
- Tissue paper
- Masking tape
1. Cut strips of tissue paper, and fold them 3 times each.
2. Cut your wire stems, and slice the tissue paper to make a floral pattern.
3. Unfold the tissue paper and start to roll each strip up on itself. Don’t hesitate to crumple up the bottom of the flower to provide a bit of volume.
4. Take a wire stem and insert it into the bottom of the flower.
5. Stick the stem to the flower with masking tape.
Of course you can vary the size, shape, and height, depending on your desired outcome. Here are a few examples for you to take inspiration from !
Make a bouquet
Decorate a cake
Place the flowers around a cake – Guaranteed to impress !
Make a flower crown
The must-have accessory for a Frida Kahlo birthday party ! If you want more detail on how to make this flower crown, there is a tutorial here.
You’ll just love these articles
It's almost Halloween! Discover this free printable DIY for an original and unforgetable child's birthday party with friends!
The best Halloween recipe: spider cookies!