19 Sep Mermaid Cake
Don’t worry, mermaids don’t just have to eat seaweed! My Little Day offers you a free recipe for a unique and original birthday cake.
- Blue, white and pink sugar paste here
- A toothpick
- A box cutter or sharp knife
1. Form a little ball with sugar paste, about the size of a ping pong ball.
2. Flatten this ball.
3. Using the knife, creating a star shape from the flattened sugar paste ball. Pinch each branch to create the star shape.
4. Create lots of little balls from the sugar paste, roughly the size of a pin head. Then, using the toothpick, fix them on different branches of the star.
5.You could also paint your star shapes with glitter gel.
6. For the sea shells, proceed in the same way as the star shape, creating a ball and flattening it.
7. Pinch the end together to create the shell shape.
8. Take the toothpick and etch in little rays from the bottom to the top of the shell.
9. Create curved lines along the shell.
And voilà, all that’s left to do is cover your cake in the star and shell shapes. Vary the size of the shapes for a pretty effect.