18 Sep Meringue Mushrooms
These super cute mushroom meringues come straight from the recipe blog Les griottes. If you haven’t yet discovered their world, we suggest you do so as quickly as possible! You can thank us later 😉
- 50 g of caster sugar
- 50 g of icing sugar
- 2 egg whites
- red food coloring
1. Whisk the whites. Once the whites foam, add the caster sugar gradually.
2. Finish whisking the whites
3. Separate the whites into two bowls, and add the red food coloring in one of them.
4. With a spatula, add the icing sugar, adding it equally into each bowl.
5. Take some piping bags
6. Put each bowl of meringue into a different piping bag, then make little heaps on the baking tray (mini cones for the mushroom stalks, small peaked rounds in red for the top of the mushrooms).
7. Put in the oven for 2 hours at 80°C.
You’ll just love these articles