18 Sep Lion Paw Biscuits
Little biscuits in the shape of lion paws, what could be cuter ?
- 250g of flour
- 125g of butter at room temperature, cut into small cubes
- 70g of caster sugar or icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5cl of water or milk
- Some flaked almond
1. Whisk the egg whites whilst gradually adding the sugar and loosen with the milk or water.
2. Add the salt to the flour and put the butter in the same bowl.
3. Lightly rub together the flour and butter with your fingertips.
4. When the ingredients are well mixed, make a well in the centre of the mixture.
5. Pour into the middle of the well the sugar, eggs and water mixture.
6. Quickly mix the ingredients by hand to make a dough.
7. Lightly squeeze the ball of dough in your hands. If the mixture holds itself together, it’s wet enough. Otherwise add a bit of water.
8. With the palm of your hands form the lions feet and stick on the flaked almonds to make the claws !
9. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°.
You’ll just love these articles