19 Sep Honeycomb Paper Cake
Are you organising a pastel or unicorn-themed birthday party, and the cake you’ve just taken out of the oven looks bad ? This DIY is made for you ! Thanks to honeycomb paper, make your own super tiered cake, no baking required !
1. Print out the printable (which you can find here) onto a thick A4 sheet of paper (drawing paper or thick glossy card) and cut out templates A, B, and C.
2. Trace the outline of the templates onto sheets of honeycomb paper (the choice of colours is up to you). Make sure to have the sheet vertical towards you, so that the grooves of the paper are horizontal. Trace out template A twice, B three times and C four times. Cut out the 9 shapes.
3. Glue all the shapes of one colour on top of each other according (so you have all the green in one glued stack, all the pink in another etc…), with the glue stick. Stretch out each pile and glue the ends together : you now have 3 cake tiers.
4. Cut out the base from the printable and put a hole in the centre following the cross. Slide a 16cm straw into the hole and fix it with glue.
5. Thread your three tiers onto the straw. Cut out template D and trace it onto the paper according to the number of candles you want. Cut out your shapes.
6. Glue the two sides together to create the flames and slide them onto pieces of straw cut to about 4 cm. Keep them in place with a dot of glue.
7. With the glue, stick a toothpick into each straw. Let them dry, then plant the candles into your cake.
You’re going to love these articles
It's almost Halloween! Discover this free printable DIY for an original and unforgetable child's birthday party with friends!
The best Halloween recipe: spider cookies!