03 Oct Harry Potter Quiz
A little Harry Potter quiz? This theme is perfect for organising a quiz! Here are some examples of questions you could ask. You could of course adapt the questions according to the age of the children. To make things a bit more interesting, you could create two teams: the first one to sound the buzzer and give the right answer wins a point / a sweet.
1. Who takes baby Harry to his aunt and uncle after his parents die?
- Dumbledore, Hagrid and McGonagall
- Dumbledore, Hagrid and Sirius Black
- Sirius Black, Hagrid and McGonagall
2. What is the name of the platform where the students catch the Hogwarts Express?
- Platform 1/4
- Platform 9 3/4
- Platform 9 2/2
3. What is Voldermort’s real name?
- …Marcus Belby
- …Malcom Baddock
- …Tom Riddle
4. Where is the entrance to the chamber of secrets?
- In the girls toilets
- In the great hall
- In the Griffindor dormitory
5. What is the name of Harry’s first broom?
- Nimbus 4000
- A firebolt
- Nimbus 2000
6. What is the name of the sweets that can have a very suprising taste?
- Bertie Bott’s every flavour beans
- Chocolate frogs
- Jelly slugs
7. What is in Harry’s first wand?
- Unicorn hair
- A phoenix feather
- Dragon’s heartstring
8. Which of these is not one of the Unforgivable curses?
- Avada Kedavra
- Sectum Sempra
9. What is the name of the people born into a wizarding family but can’t use magic?
10. What is Dumbledore’s patronus?
- A fox
- A stag
- A phoenix
11. When is the first day of term at Hogwarts?
- 1st September
- 31st October
- 1st November
12. What is Harry’s address
- 4 Privet Drive
- 4 Privet Street
- 6 Privet Street
13. Where do Dudley and his parents go for his birthday?
- The theme park
- The zoo
- The bowling alley
14. What is the name of the pub which leads to Diagon Alley?
- The leaky cauldron
- The three broomsticks
- The slimy toad
15. What subject does Quirrel teach?
- Defense against the Dark Arts
16. What is the name of the magic mirror?
- The mirror of desire
- The mirror of dreams
- The mirror of erised
17. What is Hagrid’s job?
- Care of magical creatures teacher
- Game keeper
18. In the first book, how many Weaslys are at Hogwarts?
19. What is the name of the spell that allows you to open doors?
- Petrificus totalus
- Locomotor mortis
20. What is the name of the dog that guards the trap
- Three heads
21. How do you get past him?
- Stroke him
- Play music
- Tell him a joke
22. What is special about the ceiling of the great hall?
- It’s covered in stars
- You can watch Quidditch matches on it
- It is wallpapered with flags representing the houses
23. What piece of the chess board does Harry replace?
- A knight
- A bishop
- A castle
You’ll just love these articles
The best Halloween recipe: spider cookies!