12 Sep French Fries Pinata
French Fries Pinata
Breaking News, the 1st of August is International French Fries Day! And as if that wasn’t enough to get excited for, the very next day, 2nd August, is the International Day of Beer! Coincidence? We think not! So, let’s celebrate the way it should be, with a DIY pinata to supply the chips!
- The french fries pinata printable in A3 format, which can be downloaded here
- The beer pinata printable in A3 format which you’ll find here, for the more ambitious among you !
- Rigid paper (card or carboard packaging, to recycle after)
- Yellow tissue paper or crepe paper
- Red tissue paper or crepe paper
- For the beer bottle pinata, yellow, blue and white crepe paper
- PVA glue and stick glue
- A box cutter
1. Download and print out the printable on A3 paper. Stick sides 1 and 2 to a piece of cardboard, and cut them out with the cutter.
2. With the rest of the cardboard, cut out the middle pieces, from 8 to 10 cm in width and 70 cm in length. This can be in 3 to 5 bits to go the whole way round the border of the shape.
Mark the measurements of the pieces to prepare the folding. With the knife, lightly trace the lines at each marked point to facilitate folding the cardboard to follow the box shape.
3. Stick the central card strips to the shape, joining the front and the back of the french fry box. Leave the last fold open to be able to fill the pinata later. Cut out the strips from sheet 3 of the printable and stick them on the cardboard pieces hide the card, matching the colour, yellow at the top and red at the bottom.
4. Make strips of tissue paper 3 to 4 cm in width and create a fringe effect using the scissors.
5. Once you’ve made the yellow and red fringe strips, stick them to the pinata with the glue stick, starting at the bottom of the box so that fringing above does not get in your way. To finish, use scraps of white paper to separate the chips.
6. Make two holes at the top of the pinata (in the fold that isn’t yet shut) and fix a string in to be able to hang it. Close the pinata with tape and stick a last bit of yellow fringe on top.
7. Stick the “Frites belges” logo on the front to complete your pinata!
And voilà, you have your French Fry pinata, the most ambitious among you can now try this with the beer bottle pinata!!!
This pinata will be perfect for a kid’s or adult’s birthday party with a USA theme!
You’ll just love these articles