19 Sep “Eat me” Biscuits
“Eat me” biscuits
THE INGREDIENTS AND MATERIALS FOR A DOZEN BISCUITS
- 250 g of flour
- 125 g of butter at room temperature, cut into little cubes
- 70 g of caster or icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- a pinch of salt
- 5 cl of water or milk
- a message cookie cutter
1. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and loosen with water or milk.
2. Break the butter into pieces and add the salt into the flour.
3. Put the butter and flour in the same bowl. Mix together the butter and flour by lightly rubbing your hands together.
4. When the ingredients are well mixed, make a well.
5. Pour into the centre of the well the sugar, eggs and water mix.
6. Mix the ingredients quickly by hand.
7. Lightly squeeze the ball of dough with your hands. If the mixture holds itself together it’s wet enough. If not, add a bit of water.
8. Lightly sprinkle the work surface and roll out your dough.
9. With the help of your cookie cutter, shape your biscuits with the words “eat me”.
10. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°. Then enjoy!
You’ll just love these articles