19 Sep The Cowboy Fort
This cowboy fort is a great way to create a sensation amongst your chilld and their guests ! Does it seem impossible to you ? Don’t panic, it’s easier than it looks !
Super simple ! The base of the cake is made up of a big square with 4 little squares on top, made of… yoghurt cake ! Child’s play, we hear you say. All you have to do is double the quantities of a normal recipe.. (but we’re nice, so we’ll give you our one !)
- 2 yoghurts (keep a pot to use as a measure !)
- 4 pots of sugar
- 2 bags of vanilla sugar
- 6 pots of flour
- 1 pot of oil
- 1 bag of yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 6 eggs
Mix everything together and bake it in two moulds for 35 mins at 180°.
The ganache will serve as the glue to put everything together.
- 200 g of cooking chocolate, chopped up
- 230 g of single cream
- 80 g of butter
1. Boil the cream and the butter.
2. Once it’s at boiling point, add in the chocolate.
3. Let it rest for 1 to 2 min without mixing.
4. Stir it with a whisk.
- 1 pack of Mikados
- 2 packs of chocolate fingers
1. Remove the cakes from the moulds. Cut one of the two into four parts, cutting around the border to make them smaller than the single cake.
2. Use the ganache to stick the 4 squares of the cake onto the big cake.
3. Cover the slices of cake with ganache and “glue” the fingers all around each cake.
4. Use the same principle to make a door with the chocolatey part of some Mikados.
5. Let it dry well and let it take pride of place among the decorations : add some flags and Playmobil figurines for fun and the day is won !
You’ll just love these articles